This weekend I finished the stitching on my Daisychain ABC sampler. Ahhhhh, so close to a finished project! A frame has been purchased, and I just have to put all the pieces together and take this baby outside for a proper photo shoot. Very excited about this. : )
I finally finished the W after ignoring it almost the entire week. I decided to do the leaves in herringbone stitch as opposed to fly stitch since I like the finished look much better. In fact, I really love herringbone stitch and have decided to go out of my way to find ways to use it again sometime. That’s what’s so great about a sampler – trying out new stitches and discovering your favorites. The X is split stitch in light pink and dark pink. You can see how big my stitches were getting toward the end of this project – I just wanted to be done already! See all the brown fabric showing through? For shame! Haha, oh well.
The Y was a piece of cake, and I think the Z is gorgeous. : ) I really like the idea of satin stitch outlined with something else, since the outline covers up any imperfections in the edges, which are bound to happen with satin stitch. The H is a very similar design, and I also really like how that letter came out.
By the way, today is Maggie’s 3rd birthday and the two-year anniversary of her adoption. How exciting! (Since she was a stray and we didn’t know her real birthday, I just decided to make it the same day as her adoption.) Thanks to my sweet kitty for being such a loyal and joyful companion… and such a great sewing helper!
Stay tuned for the ta-dah post on the ABC sampler. Hope you had a great weekend!