Well, I said I would give it another shot, and I’m glad I did. Spinning Round 2 went significantly better than Round 1, although there are still some issues to work out. First, the bad news:
- Major problem that still needs fixing: sensitive areas are still getting smooshed into a pancake! OUCH! Tonight I came home with some numbness too… not cool. The pain during class was still bad enough that it distracted me from working out and made it nearly impossible to participate in all the intervals. Booooo.
- My endurance is still nowhere near good enough to make it through the entire hour, but I’ve been doing what I can with the hope that I’ll get better over time.
Now the good news:
- Number one improvement in Round 2 compared to Round 1: much less pain in my tailbone (or whichever bone comes into direct contact with the “saddle” (fancy word for seat – see, I’m learning!). I wouldn’t say there was no pain this time around, but the situation was definitely much-improved.
- I didn’t have any pain in my back and wrists this time. Awesome. Maybe I’m getting used to being hunched over on the bike? I’m still wondering about the correct form… I need to ask the instructor about this one day.
- Although my spinning endurance is still pretty crappy, it was a little better than last time. Baby steps.
- And finally… I didn’t leave the class with a hateful rage coursing through my veins (unlike last time, ha). Big improvement. I actually felt good afterward. : )
Sooooo… I want to give it another few tries to see if things continue to improve. We’ll see! In the meantime, how do I un-smoosh my you-know-what?